avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Defoort <fi...@cirquedigital.com>
Subject Re: [sandbox,merlin-servlet] missing Kernel.BASE_URL_KEY, DefaultLocator
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:04:26 GMT
Hi,

I updated MerlinServlet and have a basic version of it running. One
remaining
question though:

MerlinServlet used to set a getServletContext().setAttribute( "xxxx",
m_kernel.getUrl() );
other classes like TestServlet and TargetTag were then using that value and
simply displaying it...
I guess I need to replace this by some system that passes the Kernel /
Root Block(?) / Engine (?)
to the TestServlet and TargetTag so that these classes can lookup
components and
use the result of operations on components in their output?
As simple as setAttribute("merlin-root-block", m_kernel.getRootBlock() )
and then
block.resolveAppliance("componentname") ? Still a bit confused on what
is what
in Merlin ;-)

Couple of things I came across during the update:
- in DefaultEmbeddedKernel, getSystemRepositoryDirectory() relies only
on System.getProperties(),
there's no way to pass in an argument of some sort (via the Map()); this
forced me to do an
ugly
    system.setProperty( "maven.repo.local",
getInitParameter("maven.repo.local"))

- in DefaultKernelContext: give a NullPointerException if
merlin.base.dir is not given.
Bit surpised about this, was expecting to default to the current working
directory...

So far, so good :-)

- Filip