avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merlin / Maven / problem with AbstractMerlinTestCase
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:36:52 GMT

This sounds like the original assumptions I made about the Maven
repository location are incorrect.  Based on your results it seems
that repository resolutions should be (excluding error checks):

    final String local = System.getProperty( "maven.home.local" );
    if( local != null )
    {
        return new File( local, "repository" );
    }
    else
    {
        File home = new File( System.getProperty( "user.dir" ) );
        File maven = new File( home, ".maven" );
        return new File( maven, "repository" );
    }

This impacts both the AbstractMerlinTestCase, the Maven Plugin
and the merlin scripts/bat files.  I'll update the TestCase and
verify that things work on NT.  Could you take a look at the
launch scripts (merlin.sh/merlin.bat)?  I have a hunch there
could be changes to be made there as well.

Cheers, Steve.

Alexis Agahi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've a little problem compiling last merlin cvs head version (on Linux OS)
>
>When looking at
>org.apache.avalon.merlin.unit.AbstractMerlinTestCase
>
>the MAVEN repository folder is set using (in order of success)
>
>final String system = System.getProperty( "maven.home.local" );
>return new File( new File( system ), "repository" );
>
>final String home = System.getProperty( "maven.home" );
>return new File( new File( home ), "repository" );
>
>File user = new File( System.getProperty( "user.dir" ) );
>return new File( new File( user ), "repository" );
>

>In fact, I havent set my "maven.home.local" env, so it gets the 2nd choice:
>$MAVEN_HOME/repository
>
>BUT, the problem is that my maven repository folder is set to
>$HOME/.maven/
>and not in $MAVEN_HOME/repository
>

>The question is:
>is it my maven reposity location that is uncorrect?
>or the AbstractMerlinTestCase assumption that is uncorrect?
>
>should it be ?
>final String home = System.getProperty( "user.home" );
>return new File( new File( home, ".maven" ), "repository" );
>(but does this work with windows arch?)

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org