avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Meta
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:16:08 GMT

hammett wrote:

>Then sometime later the fortress container will be initialized.
>Where/when/how it should look for components/services?

Interesting question ...!

 From what I understand Fortress does not have any special classloading
functionality - which means that it is running relative to a context
classloader established by the JVM.  What it could do is to scan the jar
files for meta-info entries. This is relatively strait forward.  If you
take a pee inside the class
org.apache.avalon.composition.model.impl.Scanner (in the
merlin/composition/impl package) you will see an example of the appraoch
used within the Merlin container (basically for all entries in the
classpath, scan each entry for component definitions).

Stephen.

>hammett

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org