avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS conflict on the download page
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:06:50 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>>> One solution would be for someone to do a clean checkout of the site
>>> into
>>> the /www/avalon.apache.org directory.
>>

>> Sounds like a job for someone young enough to do this with no fear -
>> and smart enough not to screw it up.  The excludes me on two counts.
>> Leo - what are you up this afternoon!
>

> well, up to my neck into Analysis of Linear Systems, actually.
> Something ado with some guys named Cauchy, Lipschitz and Schwarz.
> Barring spelling mistakes.
>
> Just did:
>
> ssh leosimons@cvs.apache.org
> cd /www/avalon.apache.org
> mkdir ~/sitebackup
> mv *download.* ~/sitebackup
> ~/bin/avalon-site-up.sh
>
> (ie remove the files that caused conflicts then ran an update)
>
> the log of that goes to http://avalon.apache.org/cvsuplog.txt, which
> no longer reports any conflict. However, that hasn't exactly improved
> things: download.cgi now redirects the user to www.apache.org/dist/.
> Therefore, I did a
>
> ssh leosimons@cvs.apache.org
> cd /www/avalon.apache.org
> cp ~/sitebackup/* .
>
> (ie copy back over those files that caused conflicts). I then tried
> mkdir downloadtest
> cd downloadtest
> cp -r ../CVS .
> cvs up
>
> but that won't work because of the way the download script works (the
> mirror script being referred to has an absolute path programmed to
> /www/avalon.apache.org/download.html and I don't have karma for
> changing that).
>
> Someone or something broke the download script(s) and committed faulty
> / missing versions into CVS. The CVS log for avalon-site says:
> ---
> mcconnell    2003/09/27 16:30:17
>
>   Removed:     site     bindownload.html download.html srcdownload.html
>   Log:
>   Remove generated content (sill experimenting to get this sorted out)
> ---
> and some other stuff. Steve, what've you been up to?
>
> AIUI, what is needed is for someone to commit a valid download.html
> file into avalon-site/site/, then
>
> ssh cvs.apache.org
> umask 002
> cd /www/avalon.apache.org
> mv download.html download.bak
> cvs up *download*
>
> gotta run!

Its' done - however, the download page is switching to
http://www.apache.org/dist/, not the download.html page.  Here is the
log from doing the above:

 > umask 002
 > cd /www/avalon.apache.org
 > mv download.html download.bak
 > cvs up *download*
cvs update: warning: failed to open /home/mcconnell/.cvspass for
reading: No such file or directory
cvs server: use `cvs add' to create an entry for download.bak
cvs server: Updating downloadtest
U downloadtest/download.html

Steve.

> - LSD