avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexis Agahi <a...@users.sf.net>
Subject Re: embedding strategies?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:51:26 GMT
On Tuesday 21 October 2003 16:39, aok123@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Actually LDAP filters which are basically the where part of a SQL query are
> much more simple than SQL.  Here is a simple example of an LDAP search
> filter.

okok, I was not trying to say that one is better than another, just telling
that some might prefere sql to ldap for application due to global software
architecture.

> LDAP is not transactional and I don't really think it should have to be.

sure?
how be sure to have a real coherent directory all the time?

> Does this make more sense? Do you agree with the different means to store
> these different kinds of information?

no problem ;)
you're the boss

> ;) Dreams are the begining.  I firmly believe in the fact that if you can
> imagine it, good science can materialize it.  Dreams are the innovative
> aspects and the rest is just mechanics.  We can build what we imagine.
> There are no limits.

damned ! you're so enthusiastic that I can feel you motivation gaining my
brain!
Lets code and graal will reveal itself! :)