avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexis Agahi <a...@users.sf.net>
Subject Merlin / Maven / problem with AbstractMerlinTestCase
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 21:44:20 GMT
Hi,

I've a little problem compiling last merlin cvs head version (on Linux OS)

When looking at
org.apache.avalon.merlin.unit.AbstractMerlinTestCase

the MAVEN repository folder is set using (in order of success)

final String system = System.getProperty( "maven.home.local" );
return new File( new File( system ), "repository" );

final String home = System.getProperty( "maven.home" );
return new File( new File( home ), "repository" );

File user = new File( System.getProperty( "user.dir" ) );
return new File( new File( user ), "repository" );

In fact, I havent set my "maven.home.local" env, so it gets the 2nd choice:
$MAVEN_HOME/repository

BUT, the problem is that my maven repository folder is set to
$HOME/.maven/
and not in $MAVEN_HOME/repository

The question is:
is it my maven reposity location that is uncorrect?
or the AbstractMerlinTestCase assumption that is uncorrect?

should it be ?
final String home = System.getProperty( "user.home" );
return new File( new File( home, ".maven" ), "repository" );
(but does this work with windows arch?)