avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>
Subject Re: Kernel bootstrapping question
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:26:18 GMT

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 08:27, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
> >When bootstrapping the Kernel I guess we use the system repository right?
> >When bringing up the application we use the application repository which is
> >referred to as the user repository.  Are there any objections to calling
> >this the application repository?  There could be reasons for separating
> >repositories for the various applications run by a user and in this light
> >the connotation of an application specific repository makes more sense to
> >me.
> >

> +1
>
> Steve.

Does it not make sense to have a single maven style repository? This
could provide access to versioned resources and keep them all in one
place. Separate user repositories for each application seems like it
might encourage or require duplication of common resources.

Are there any implications for a security model?.

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Courcoux <peter@courcoux.biz>