avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject [site] mavenization in progress
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:56:20 GMT
Hello.

Sorry this has taken me so long, but the next iteration of the revised
site is up at http://cvs.apache.org/~farra/docs .  It's based on the
simple xdoc format and generated with maven.  Not everything is in
place, but the community section and most of the links off of the main
page should work.

I've also committed the source for all of this into
sandbox/mavenized-site

In the process of doing these updates, I've collected the following list
of random notes:

- The release management page has never been finished.  Do we have
'official' documentation for this?

- As soon as we have a JIRA module, I'm planning on moving the links
from bugzilla to JIRA.  Any objections?

- Can't find a good place to put the "Roadmap" document.  But it's seems
outdated anyway.  Do we just want to use JIRA's roadmap features or does
someone want to put together a more serious roadmap?

- framework/principals should be /framework/principles.

- Still need to add the docbook and cgi stuff.

- I'm hoping to keep the "news" section current.  I've also thought
about putting together a somewhat monthly digest of major threads on the
mailing lists.  It could be something we could send to the Apache
newsletter.

Thoughts?  Comments?

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>