avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject [site] DwA and related documentation
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:29:53 GMT
Hello.

I've been very pleased with how quickly the site updates are progressing.
In fact, I can barely keep up!  I'm looking forward to continuing to improve
the documentation on all our projects, but specifically I'd like to look at
our core articles.

The way I see it, our core documentation is made up of:

    Developing with Avalon
    The Framework docs on Component Programming and Lifecycle
    The Phoenix Guides
    The Merlin Getting Started Docs

These represent some of our most well written pieces, but some are out of
date and together they don't quite give a complete or consistent view of
Avalon.  My wish list of documentation looks like:

    Getting Started Guide :  a new users guide with tutorial
    Developing with Avalon : the more advanced developers guide
    Thorough tutorials for both Merlin and Fortress
    A well maintained Avalon FAQ (in wiki)
    A well maintained Avalon Glossary (in wiki)
    Avalon in Action Paper : compares avalon to other systems
                             Looks at embedding avalon
                             Include the current AvalonYouMakeTheDecision

Now, some of this may overlap.  For example, perhaps we want to have the
Developing with Avalon paper focus on Merlin and mesh with the Merlin
tutorial(s) while the Getting Started Guide would complement Fortress.  I'm
just through ideas out here, but it would be nice to have a general plan of
attack.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM