avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: Is it a shame or what?
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:10:51 GMT
> From: Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)
>
> Seems that MS is building everything the Open source
> community delivered successfully:

Interesting. This would validate the design choices made, since
Microsoft hopefully have had a bunch of smart people look at it
before committing to a similar design. This is great PR
for Cocoon - "hey, you know that thing you were doubtful about,
the sitemap? See, Microsoft has committed .Net to such a setup
now. Pretty soon, you *will* use a sitemap."

I see this a proof that Microsoft doesn't suffer from a "not
invented here"-syndrome.

(And besides, can anyone here claim with a straight face
that open source never has, ahem, borrowed any ideas
from Microsoft?)

/LS