avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [RT] My Merlin Wish List
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:31:01 GMT
Hi all,

I started looking at what Stephen did with the crypto service, and it is
very interesting.  The Turbine dev team knows we need to come up with
something better then ECM, however we just haven't gotton around to writing
either a good FortressComponentService or MerlinComponentService.  However,
if someone has something that they could contribute, that would go a long
way towards getting the ball moving on getting the various services in the
Fulcrum project moved towards Merlin.

Before Turbine 2.4 release, which is focusing on integrating all the
services moved to Fulcrum, we need to basically pick our container to run
with..  We don't want to go with Fortresss/ECM, and then in 2.5 start
swapping to Merlin which could require config changes, so it is definitly on
the list to get the MerlinComponentService written.

Eric Pugh