avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help needed on site update problem
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:08:51 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>> May I suggest;
>>
>> 1. check out the old avalon-site.

1.a cd into appropriate directory :D

>> 2. for FILE in `find . -type f | grep -v CVS` ; do rm $FILE ; done
>> 3. copy the new docs into the old structure.
>> 4. cvs -q remove  , to take away old docs no longer needed.
>> 5. cvs -q update -dP , to get a list of new files.
>> 6. cvs -q add <each such file>
>> 7. cvs -q commit -m "whatever"
>>
> Umm, am I sufficiently brave ... ?

you want to learn this sooner or later :P

> What about just nuking the contents of avalon-site/site/framework and
> doing a clean import?

that would work too.

> My experience in the past is that I can (without problem) import over
> prior imports, but I cannot import over commits.

that might be true. cvs commit can do merges, import cannot.

Get yourself cygwin (www.cygwin.com), learn a teenie weenie little bit
of bash (the default linux shell, also in cygwin, available on the asf
machines), spend an hour or two reading the cvsbook (at redbean.com
somewhere I think), create a foney repository and try stuff out. It is
not actually hard at all.

cheers!

- LSD