avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: plans for avalon-components
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:05:39 GMT

Farr, Aaron wrote:

> [...]

IMHO the avalon/merlin directory should be limited to the Merlin system
without extension.  I did not include the merlin-extensions directory
under the avalon/merlin for two reasons: (a) the content is not release
ready and not referenced in the release vote, (b) some more thinking is
needed concerning extension management under the Merlin kernel, and (c)
its not clear where extensions belong under the avalon structure.

>Should all of this
>utility code end up with excalibur (or wherever excalibur's final
>destination is)?

In the case of the exporter package it is clearly a component and as
such I would use the cornerstone package name, but keep in in sandbox
while we evolve it.

Cheers, Steve.

>jaaron

Stephen J. McConnell