avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Comments on Avalon-Framework RC
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:06:04 GMT
Steve, I have a question and a comment really.  The question is: does the build
have all the stuff I did so far to improve error reporting in configuration
elements?

My comment is that we should have the AbstractLogEnabled class as part of the
interface/API portion.  Several projects I know of almost depend on that class,
but they don't necessarily depend on anything else in the IMPL portion directly.
I would prefer *not* to have the AbstractLoggable interface in the API part for
the simple reason that it forces the API to have an explicit dependency on
LogKit--and it is deprecated so its use should be discouraged.

I guess the last question would be do we want to start a "deprecated/compat"
JAR distributable to house all the stuff that is marked as deprecated?  That
way new projects can simply focus on the current stuff and old projects will
have to either add a dependency (not hard) or upgrade (higher level of effort).

What do you think?

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin