avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <P...@ThoughtWorks.net>
Subject Re: RES: RES: Avalon.Net - zip attached (1)
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 06:11:50 GMT
Berin,

>>> Besides the jokes,
>>
>> Hammett, if you'd like to email them to me privately, I will commit
>> them.
>> I was not joking.  There were feelings about the size of your
>> postings by others...
>>   "These 80-100k mails are getting somewhat heavy, aren't they? "
>>
>> I was trying to be helpful. Also taking on the responsibility I had
>> volunteered for given I effectively blocked your arrival as a committer.
>

> The comment for the 80-100k mails was made with a smiley (denoting a
> joke),
> and as a prod to hurry up and grant commit access.

In my set of emotecons usage I'd use :-) to denote a smile, and ;-) to
represent tongue-in-cheek comments. I appreciate that since I started
using them (pre-web, Fidonet, CIX etc), use of :-) had broaden for
non-seriousuness too.

It is not so important anymore....

- Paul

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...