avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: First Merlin build
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:07:22 GMT

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Wednesday 10 September 2003 18:01, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>>I don't think the CarriageReturns makes a difference, BUT the
>>Specification-Title is spread of multiple lines, which is NOT GOOD.
>>How it ends up like this, I don't know..... yet..
>Is it Maven that automatically creating the Manifest??

>And is it trying to fulfill the requirement by the Manifest spec, not to
>exceed certain line lengths, and in such case the value is placed on
>following lines with initial spaces?

That's part of the manifest spec.  The next line is indented -
representing a continuation of the prev. line.

>And could it be simply that on Windows the "LF" are ignored and only using
>"CR"? How come "jar" doesn't use the java.util.jar classes??
>Steve, I can't figure out how to fix this, but I hope you appreciate me
>getting to the bottom with it.

I appreciate it!  A couple of things are still open questions for me.
I'm presuming that the "currupt" jar situation is repeatable - i.e. if
you rebuild you get the same problem.  Is that correct?  The other
question is if this is linked to a corrupted CVS checkout.  If you do a
seperate checkout (maybe on a different device), does the problem persist?

Stephen J. McConnell