avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: First Merlin build
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:01:25 GMT

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>>I don't think merlin.sh takes the run
>>argument as a parameter.  There was some recent updating of the *.sh
>>scripts.  The run functionality is under merlin-server.sh whereas
>>merlin.sh is simple command line deployment.  Thing that I'm confused
>>about is that you should be getting an illegal cli option error message.
>>

>Correct. It probably delegates the Exception (parameter not supported) to the
>ExceptionHelper which can not be loaded.

A copy of ExceptionHelper is included in the bootstrap jar file to handle this issue.  The
real issue is that in your environment the classloaders are not being established correctly.
 What OS and JVM version are you running?

>I figured that much out so far.
>Sounds like avalon-composition is in a child or sibling classloader of the CLI
>invoker (or whatever your nomenclatura is).

Looking into this a little more - I've provided some missleading info in
my earlier email. When invoking "merlin run" the "run" isn't considered
as a paramter (its not -run) but instead its considered as an argument.
The "run" parameter is equivalent to a location of a block.xml file
which logically does not exist (i.e. its simplar to invoking "merlin
target\classes".  However, what's odd here is the fact that your not
getting the exception report.

Under Windows NT4-SP6 I get:

$ merlin run

Internal error during kernel instantiation.