avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Calling for vote
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2003 15:36:13 GMT

Paul Hammant wrote:

> Hamilton
>
>> "In order for a Contributor to become a Committer, another Committer can
>> nominate that Contributor or the Contributor can ask for it. "
>>

> -1
>
> I'd like to stick to standard Apache rules for committers.  Months of
> patches prior to nomination.

Paul:

As you know, your vote against the participation of hammett as a
committer is a veto.  It seems to me that this is real shame because I
think his contributions over the past four months have been valuable.  I
would appreciate it if you would reconsidered you position.  In light of
this veto, I would like to propose that hammett be granted provisional
commit rights under the sandbox CVS as an interim measure.

Do you have any objection to this proposal?

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org