avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new avalon components
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:52:16 GMT
J Aaron Farr wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 23:28, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>

>>And for the community;
>>Is Avalon going to;
>>a. Host a Component Repository,
>>b. Links to CRs
>>c. Neither
>>

> Currently we have the avalon-components CVS module which hosts Avalon
> Cornerstone and (eventually?) Avalon Excalibur Components.
>
> For other components, the general practice has been to host them on
> sourceforge and link to them on the site:
>
> http://avalon.apache.org/phoenix/applications.html
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ProjectsUsingAvalon
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonComponentDirectory
>
> However, I do agree that we could make the documentation a little more
> clear about this situation.  It's one of those, "been meaning to do
> that" sort of things.
>
> By the way, what's the policy for updating the site?  There's a whole
> host of documentation I'd love to update.  Is is generally lazy
> consensus?  Post and repent later?  Display first for vote?

Information correction and readability improvements don't need any comment,
just do it.

As to the rest, I would imagine lazy consensus applies.

If the change is radical, it would be nice to have a display first for vote
type of thing--but it is not necessary.

We do need to clean up a lot of cruft.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin