avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new avalon components
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 05:52:22 GMT

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>>>3. Docs? What do these thing do?
>>>

>>if you didn't get that from the API then I failed, because I
>>believe the code  is the documentation. I guess I can have some
>>javadocs for better defining   the context in which these API-s
>>can be used.
>>

>When I said "not elaborate" a potential Component User want a short
>description in an overview page of what the component provides.
>Think of freashmeat.net. If you could get a quick "blurb" on each
>program, you would drown when trying to find what you really need.
>It is perhaps not apparent, when "I have these components, use it if
>you like", but hopefully such announcements will be so frequent that
>I can't track them, and want some easy to understand description
>decoupled from the code.

I prefer proper documentation - method parameters, exceptions, classes,
packages, overviews, usage examples, tutorials,  user's guides,
reference specifications, system specs (dependencies, deployment
assumptions) - and a few runtime demonstrations.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org