avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: distributions - bandwidth hog
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 19:06:56 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Hmm.  Must be the Maven builds.  Any way to derive the current best
> mirror for Maven?

I through together some rudimentary support to generate the preferred download
link on the server.  If you connect to:

http://avalon.apache.org/maven.cgi

You will see the contents of a generated properties file.  The problem is
getting Maven to use that file.  The <property/> element only supports
resource, file, and environment which means that we can only get it locally
from our box.  We might be able to do a remote copy or something like that,
but no guarantees.

Any ideas?

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin