avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [Avalon.Net] upload to avalon-sandbox
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 01:36:44 GMT
Alexis Agahi said:
> On Sunday 21 September 2003 19:27, hammett wrote:
>> I don't know if it's easy to do it, and if it could be done
>> through the shell - or if I understand enough unix to accept the
>> risk (it was really painful just upload my public key :-)))
>
> if you have direct access to unix cvs repository, you can just
> create the dir  and move the cs* folder in it (but this could
> cause dir troubles on client  side at update stage)

??? What I know of CVS this IS NOT possible. CVS does not store the
files "straight up".

Hammett,
I think you need to do the "proper way".

cd avalon-sandbox
mkdir camelot (or whatever)
<move your stuff into camelot>

cvs add camelot
cvs add <every single directory and file>
cvs commit -m "some comment"

alternatively a cvs import should work, but not sure how people
react to the 1.1.1.1 version numbers on files though.

cd avalon-sandbox
cvs import -m "some comment" camelot hammett start

"hammett" is just a so called "third party tag" and could be
anything, "start" is the initial tag in the repository and could
also be something else.

And if anything goes wrong... hehehe ... it is rarely (if ever)
impossible to correct it afterwards, so don't be too scared.

Cheers.
Niclas