avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: More compile errors...
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:59:59 GMT
On Thursday 11 September 2003 15:42, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> >The LOOOOONG version....
>
> <big-snip/>
>
> So what happens if you replace the merlin:site goal with the following:
>
>   <goal name="merlin:site"
>     description="Build the Merlin site" prereqs="xdoc:init">
>     <j:set var="destination"
>
> value="${pom.getPluginContext('maven-xdoc-plugin').getVariable('maven.gen.d
>ocs')}"/> <mkdir dir="${destination}"/>
>     <echo>Build site in working directory: [${destination}]</echo>
>     <maven:reactor
>       basedir="${basedir}"
>       includes="platform.xml"
>       goals="license,xjavadoc,site"
>       banner="Building site:"
>       ignoreFailures="false"/>
>   </goal>

With my modification in project.properties in place, it says
merlin:site:
    [echo] Build site in working directory:
[/home/niclas/dev/opensource/avalon-sandbox/merlin/target/generated-xdocs/]

which is expected.
If I remove the maven.gen.docs, it says...

merlin:site:
    [echo] Build site in working directory: []
Starting the reactor...

and the reason why license.xml can't be generated.

So;
1. Without setting maven.gen.docs in project.properties, Maven tries to create
license.xml in root, and that will fail because of no permissions in Linux.

2. If I have the maven.gen.docs set to something, the license.xml is created,
and it continues well beyond that point, and chokes when it tries to run the
JSL templates.

Niclas