avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [merlin] build suppliment
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 02:35:04 GMT
On Thursday 11 September 2003 05:48, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> I have just updated the maven.xml file in the merlin project to include
> the following:
>
>     <ant:fixcrlf eol="lf" srcdir="${merlin.build.inst.dir}/bin">
>       <include name="merlin.sh"/>
>       <include name="merlinx.sh"/>
>       <include name="merlin-server.sh"/>
>     </ant:fixcrlf>

Good thinking.

Find attached a patch of additional processing one should do;

1. I would recommend that permissions on files are that groups don't get write
access to the scripts. This could be debated.

2. Explicit (=rwx) settings of permission flags is better than adding (+rx).

3. All Windows files also get fixcrlf, in case the binaries are built on
Linux/Unix.

4. Shared text files have CRLF, because typically Linux/Unix handles the extra
CR better than Windows handles the missing CR.

Cheers.
Niclas

P.S. What is the preferred patch format. The attachment is
cvs -q diff maven.xml