avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: CVS annoyance...
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:25:53 GMT
On Wednesday 10 September 2003 19:01, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> >Last update I got, among many other things...
>
> Things are very nearly back to stable state.
> Individual subproject builds are fine.  Just sorting some final things
> out on the composite build.

Just curious;
We have here a policy that HEAD always builds correctly, and the complete set
of Unit tests has to pass to allow commits.
When starting out on any new task, big or small, a branch is created, and when
everything works well, the branch is merged to HEAD and if pass then the
changes committed. We also tag HEAD after commits with TaskID, but that is an
internal to us thing.
With 14 developers, we have had 2 instances over 18 months where there was a
"hick-up", both caused by issuance of wrong CVS commands...

Any thoughts in this regard, i.e. making HEAD a bit more stable, and use
branching instead of sandbox (such as the current framework changes).

Cheers,
Niclas