avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexis Agahi <a...@users.sf.net>
Subject My feedback on Merlin & how about having a release?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 07:14:28 GMT
Folks,

I've just finished the portage of OpenIM http://open-im.net (Jabber Server)
using Merlin component manager.
OpenIM+Merlin seems now to be working pretty well: server still up after one
week of stress tests.

My opinion on using Merlin is positive. Component composition and
configuration is easy and powerfull. Block declaration is as simple as
powerfull. Project integration is easy when you understand some stuffs, but
to be honnest, Merlin documentation and tutorial are really helpfull. As I
wrote before, and considering my (small) experience of Phoenix & Forteress,
I've the feeling that Merlin stands perfectly beeteen these 2 compoment
managers.

Now to help me to perform an official stable 1.1 OpenIM release, it should be
really nice if Merlin team could settle a stable binary release.

Cheers