avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <f...@telerama.com>
Subject Re: new avalon components
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 05:03:57 GMT
On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 23:28, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> And for the community;
> Is Avalon going to;
> a. Host a Component Repository,
> b. Links to CRs
> c. Neither

Currently we have the avalon-components CVS module which hosts Avalon
Cornerstone and (eventually?) Avalon Excalibur Components.

For other components, the general practice has been to host them on
sourceforge and link to them on the site:

http://avalon.apache.org/phoenix/applications.html
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ProjectsUsingAvalon
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonComponentDirectory

However, I do agree that we could make the documentation a little more
clear about this situation.  It's one of those, "been meaning to do
that" sort of things.

By the way, what's the policy for updating the site?  There's a whole
host of documentation I'd love to update.  Is is generally lazy
consensus?  Post and repent later?  Display first for vote?

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>