avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject [merlin] xml api's
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:20:04 GMT
Hello.

Okay, I'm getting this:

---- report -------------------------------------------------------

Exception: org.apache.avalon.merlin.kernel.KernelException
Message: Block install failure:
file:/C:/root/home/farra/dev/tools/servers/merli
n/apps/evtpublisher-0.1.jar

Cause: org.apache.avalon.composition.model.ModelException
Message: Unable to create block from embedded descriptor
[jar:file:/C:/root/home
/farra/dev/tools/servers/merlin/apps/evtpublisher-0.1.jar!/BLOCK-INF/block.x
ml]
in the containmment model [/] due to a build related error.

Cause: org.apache.avalon.composition.model.ModelException
Message: Could not create classloader.

Cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
Message: xmlParserAPIs,xercesImpl-Extension-Name
---- stack trace ---------------------------------------------------

and it looks like it's coming from some extension in a jar file.

In this block, I don't have any component which is directly dependent on
xerces, but I do have a jar file that is dependent on JAXP/SAX, ie- imports:

  org.xml.sax
  javax.xml.parsers

I've tried explicitly declaring the xerces jars (xerces, xercesImpl,
xml-apis, and all permutations) in my block.xml <classpath>, as well as
leaving them out, but all to no avail.

Any suggestions on where to start looking for this?

Also, why in Merlin /ext do we have:

xerces-2.4.0.jar
xmlParserAPIs-2.0.2.jar
xml-apis-2.0.2.jar