avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "hammett" <holive...@bvtibusiness.com.br>
Subject Re: Dependency Lookup Was: OpenIM 1.1 (based on Merlin 3.0 beta1)
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:54:52 GMT

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]

> A transient lifestyle returns a totally new instance for each lookup.

Yup, I had a different approach for it:

- Someone lookup a component which have dependencies:
  - The container obtains the dependencies and put in a
BlindLookupManager
  - The BlindLookupManager instance is passed within EnableLookups
method, so a lookup for a dependency returns the pre-instantiated
dependency instance.

Now I realized how erroneos this approach is :-(

> >Maybe the component dependency could declare a cardinality.
> Can you provide a little more detail about what your thinking here?

Nevermind. I must correct the actual behavior.

Regards,

hammett