avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu Wudong" <wdl...@msn.com>
Subject want help to run the phoenix examle HelloWorldServer!!
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 08:12:55 GMT
I download the HelloWorldServer example files from phoenix CVS, hoping to
run it in phoenix v4.0.4
I got the following problem when I put final SAR file in phoenix's apps
directory and start up phoenix:

In the log file, it's said:
ERROR   2003-08-17 16:03:42.913 [Phoenix.] (): Component named "HelloWorld"
failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool.execute(Ljava/lang/Runnable;)L
org/apache/avalon/excalibur/thread/ThreadControl;).

ERROR   2003-08-17 16:03:42.913 [Phoenix.] (): There was an error running
phase "startup" for Block named "HelloWorld". (Reason: Component named
"HelloWorld" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool.execute(Ljava/lang/Runnable;)L
org/apache/avalon/excalibur/thread/ThreadControl;).).
org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component
named "HelloWorld" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool.execute(Ljava/lang/Runnable;)L
org/apache/avalon/excalibur/thread/ThreadControl;)....

In HelloWorld block, the initialize part is as follow:
public void initialize()
        throws Exception
    {
        final ServerSocketFactory factory =
            m_socketManager.getServerSocketFactory( "plain" );
        m_serverSocket = factory.createServerSocket( m_port, 5, m_bindTo );

        m_connectionManager.connect( m_connectionName, m_serverSocket,
this );

    }

I'm puzzled about this situation, because I didn't change any code of
downloaded file. But I wrote the assembly.xml, config.xml and
environment.xml by myself, referencing the files in the James 2.1.
who can throw me a light? or are there any tutorial on how to run the
example?
thank you.