avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject [ann][components] cornerstone release candidate 1
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:53:37 GMT
Hi gang,

I've just decided to make myself release manager for the
popular-components-formerly-known-as-cornerstone, given the fact no-one
else seems to really want the job (but that's up for lazy consensus
though). The plan (as always) is simple: I will periodically post
release candidates @

http://cvs.apache.org/~leosimons/dist-candidates/avalon/

for review and comment. There is one up there now (RC1), that I'd like
all users of these components to test. I would like you all to add all
open issues, requests, bug reports, etc, relating to these components to
this wiki page:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonComponentsReleaseManagement

Why the wiki? I hate working with bugzilla, and we don't have jira set
up for cornerstone. The usual guidelines for bug reports/requests/etc
apply (http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html) of course.

I would like to see everyone interested in helping out looking at that
page, adding to it, and either committing fixes, or submitting patches,
depending on cvs karma, of course. I am not actually planning to do a
lot of coding on this stuff myself but I will try and apply all patches
that are sent in.

I will cut another release candidate roughly every week or so until I
have the idea that the components are ready for release (which might be
as early as next week ;), at which point I will start the PMC voting
process.

sounds like a plan? If you want or need a quality release of these
components, now is your chance to help make it happen :D

best regards,

- Leo Simons