avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Useful error messages (and Avalon configuration)
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:49:54 GMT
Serge Knystautas wrote:
> Kenny Smith wrote:
> I actually have to agree with Anders

So do I, and so do the Avalon developers, who are already looking at it and
talking about it.  However, they did not CC our list on their discussion, so
none of you are aware of it.  See the thread:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=dev@avalon.apache.org
&by=thread&from=478787

If they can get the fixes into the Avalon update(s), then we can refresh our
release with all of the new release code that they've worked on this year.

> Yeah, same here.  Avalon configuration is to James as m4 is to
> sendmail... just a completely ridiculous, unfriendly way to
> configure a mail server.

Well, I find James much easier to configure then sendmail.  That is one of
the reason's I got involved with James in the first place.  However, I agree
that it could be easier.

I suggest that folks take a look at the GUI configurator that Robert Cadena
wrote earlier.  It is at
http://www.machine501.com/projects/JamesConfigTool/index.html.  Perhaps one
or more people would like to get involved in developing the code, which is
under the Apache license.  Actually, if we had enough people with an
interest, it could become a James and/or generic Avalon configuration GUI
project, either here or in Avalon.

	--- Noel