avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ann][components] cornerstone release candidate 4
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:11:32 GMT

Leo:

I have just downloaded all of the candidates and tested them against a
number of examples that use the cornerstone suite (including James
HEAD).  Basic result - thumbs up all round.

Cheers, Steve.

p.s. I've updated the James CVS with the RC4 suite.

SJM

Leo Simons wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> A new avalon-components release candidate (RC4) is up for review and
> comment at
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/~leosimons/dist-candidates/avalon/
>
> A few minor late-night breaking issues were reported by Noel and fixed
> by Steve. In addittion, the threads-impl distro is no longer missing.
>
> I'd like all users of these components to test thesse new candidates.
> I would like you all to add all open issues, requests, bug reports,
> etc, relating to these components to this wiki page:
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonComponentsReleaseManagement

> Why the wiki? I hate working with bugzilla, and we don't have jira set
> up for cornerstone. The usual guidelines for bug reports/requests/etc
> apply (http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html) of course.
>
> I would like to see everyone interested in helping out looking at that
> page, adding to it, and either committing fixes, or submitting
> patches, depending on cvs karma, of course. I am not actually planning
> to do a lot of coding on this stuff myself but I will try and apply
> all patches that are sent in.
>
> I believe these files are of enough quality that they are fit for a
> final release. *Unless a major issue pops up soon, I will start a vote
> that makes this RC4 release into a final one.*
>
> best regards,
>

> - Leo Simons

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org