avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Components Release Plan
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:18:22 GMT

Carsten:

Can you clarify something for me.    The subject of the message
references "avalon components" and the body of the message references
"excalibur".  For me - avalon-components is for real components whereas
excalibur is utilities.  The xmlutils seems to me to be a excalibur
subject, however, the store package seems to be an open question as to
relationship with the existing avalon-component store package. Finaly,
the sourceresolver package is (IMHO) somewhere in between - that last
time I looked it was in the category of sort-of-component in that it
made a lot of assumptions about the deployment environment.

Could you provide a quick update on what your proposing relative to
location and positioning (component vs. utility).

Stephen.

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi gang,
>
>I would like to get releases together for the following
>three components in excalibur: store, xmlutils and
>sourceresolver.
>I'm volunteering
>to be the release manager and coordinate that release.
>
>I will make a release candidate available at
>
>http://cvs.apache.org/~cziegeler/avalon/release-candidates
>
> until no big blocker issues remain. I will also
> periodically post an overview of the remaining issues to
> the mailing list. I expect to have a
> final release for next week from now.
>
>Carsten
>
>Carsten Ziegeler