avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC:VOTE][components] release cornerstone components
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:59:37 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> I'm calling for a vote to make the avalon-components release
> candidates that have been up for review and commment at
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/~leosimons/dist-candidates/avalon/

Leo:

There seems to be a missing threads impl dist.
http://cvs.apache.org/~leosimons/dist-candidates/avalon/cornerstone-threads-impl/binaries/
I think we should also clean up the duplicate licenses (a problem I
probably introduced).  This will also give me some time this afternoon
to change bundled block.xml references from SNAPSHOT to 1.0.

Stephen.

> into a final release. PMC members, please place your votes:
>
> [ ] +1 (for)
> [ ] +/-0 (abstain)
> [ ] -1 (against)
>
> = Package Background =
>
> During the release process a few very minor issues were reported and
> fixed, but no major issues have been identified during the release
> preparation process or in the last few months. A survey from a while
> back shows these packages have been in use for a long time in various
> deployments, where they do their job well.
>
> These components were formerly known collectively as 'cornerstone',
> and many projects (notoriously, James) have shipped with them for a
> long time.
>
> The releases have been built using maven and have a clean api/impl
> seperation. The release process has been all but completely automated
> allowing for frequent re-releases.
>
> = Voting process =
>
> This vote is governed by the Avalon PMC voting guidelines and is
> decided by simple majority. Only PMC members can cast binding votes,
> but all others are encouraged to submit nonbinding votes. I will
> administer the vote and tally the results.

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org
http://www.osm.net

http://avalon.apache.org/sandbox/merlin