avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven and Resources
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:09:38 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Peter Royal wrote:
>
>> On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 03:16  PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>
>>> What advice do you long-time Maven users have for me?
>>

>> There is a separate block of resources that can be done for unit
>> testing.. see
>> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/jelly/
>> project.xml?rev=1.129&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>>
>> as an example :)
>> -pete
>>

> Here is what I have (adapted from Stephen's work on avalon-components):

<snip/>
Looks fine.

Could you try the following:

1. create a file named testing.txt in the src/test/java directory
2. replace the <build/> element with

  <build>
    <unitTestSourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/test</unitTestSourceDirectory>
    <unitTest>
      <resources>
        <resource>
          <directory>${basedir}/src/test</directory>
          <includes>
            <include>**/*.txt</include>
          </includes>
        </resource>
      </resources>
    </unitTest>
  </build>

3. maven test
4. check in target/test-classes/ and see if the file testing.txt is present
5. if not, invoke maven with the -X option and try to figure things out
from the listing

Stephen

--

Stephen J. McConnell