avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building Merlin
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:04:32 GMT

kwirirai Lawrence Nhakwi wrote:

> Hi
> I downloaded Merlin from the cvs, and I am trying to build Merlin
> using the installation instructions .The build process using  Maven
> seems to be taking too long because during the build its actually
> downloading more jars.

If this is the first time you are using Maven then you will experience a
lot of downloads.  There isn't anything you can do about this.  Once
Maven is running properly, the Merlin build will cause a download of
dependencies - the framework snapshots, a few excalibur jars, and the
latest build of the meta package jars.

> Is there a way to build Merlin without the downloads

Nope.

> or is there an easier faster way?

I could post a zip of the installation generated by the build.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org