avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC:VOTE] Open Up Avalon-Commons
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:13:36 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Currently the Avalon-COmponents repositories have some components that
> are
> useful to both JAMES and Cocoon (or at least soon to be Cocoon).  I
> propose
> that we open up the repository so that JAMES committers and Cocoon
> committers
> can contribute there.

Open up avalon-components to JAMES and Cocoon developers

[X ] +1
[ ] 0
[ ] -1

> For future Apache projects that would like access to the repository, I
> would
> like to put up a page to let those developers know how to gain commit
> access
> to the repository.

You can put up a page that there is absolutely no reason for you to call
on the PMC to request permission for this via a vote.

 If you suggesting that you want endorcement for a particular position -
then put up the web page first - then call for some endorcement - but I
don't think this your intention. More specifically, if I understand
correctly, you intention is to simply provide some information that will
direct peiople to the PMC on subjects like this.  If it is anything more
- then it implies a modification of thek policies and procedures.   Can
you please confirm - as one assumption I can just ignore, if now - there
is the entire question of process that we need to discuss urgently.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org