avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Something Missing? (Was: [Avalon.NET] Status)
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:59:41 GMT
Geer, Christopher S wrote:

> How do we build a container to support deploying components when we
> ignore the component interfaces? I like the nano-container idea, but I
> think we have to define what it is before we can build it. The term
> "nano-container" isn't exactly a detailed description of desired
> functionality.
>
> What is your view of a "nano-container"?

My point is start with the simplest thing.  The simplest thing is to get
a component up and running.  Then add new features--in a generic way.
Truth be told, we can modify the code that gets the component up and running
to match whatever we like for the component interfaces.  Use what is there
for now, they aren't set in stone and can be changed at a later date.  With
that in mind make sure we can change the component initializer easily, and in
one place.

Follow the Single Responnsibility Principle--each class should have one and
only one reason to exist.  They should do one thing, and do it well.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin