avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Revised Roadmap
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:38:02 GMT
Vinay Chandran wrote:

>>another personal plan is to add the great altrmi
>>support eob enjoys in
>>there to show the world what a joy working with
>>altrmi really is.
>>

> It (altrmi) sure is.
> Maybe getting altrmi glued into the
> next generation avlaon: *merlin,the altrmi-ed* picture
> would make for a perfect cast for 'the' blockbuster.

Excellent--just don't make it obvious that it *has* to be
AltRMI.  If someone *has* to use another remoting mechanism
(either for spec compliance reasons or for personal reasons)
they should be able to write their own.

Although as with Instrumentation, we should make the default
work with AltRMI.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin