avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: help needed re CVS
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:48:47 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> I would like to mark the current CVS as MERLIN_2_1 and move onto updates
> to the build procedures that will result in MERLIN_3_0.  Can someone
> tell me what I need to do (keeping in mind that I know bugger all about
> this CVS stuff).
>
> Stephen.

$ cvs --help tag
Usage: cvs tag [-bcdFflR] [-r rev|-D date] tag [files...]
         -b      Make the tag a "branch" tag, allowing concurrent development.
         -B      Allows -F and -d to disturb branch tags.  Use with extreme care.
         -c      Check that working files are unmodified.
         -d      Delete the given tag.
         -F      Move tag if it already exists.
         -f      Force a head revision match if tag/date not found.
         -l      Local directory only, not recursive.
         -R      Process directories recursively.
         -r rev  Existing revision/tag.
         -D      Existing date.
(Specify the --help global option for a list of other help options)

cvs -z3 tag MERLIN_2_1

do your stuff

cvs -z3 tag MERLIN_3_0

Just remember to do it from the root directory of all the files you want to tag.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin