avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avalon + Geronimo = Another (Last?) Chance
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:30:03 GMT

Anton Tagunov wrote:

>Hello All!
>
>FA> new "Geronimo" project -- Apache's J2EE implementation
>
>They have been speaking about using OpenORB and that thing
>is already based on Avalon to the best of my knowledge.

Yep. In fact a lot of the features in Merlin have come out of
requirements in dealing with ORB based services - including things like
composite components, dynamic service publication, etc.

>This might give as additional $0.02 chances to push
>through :)
>
>Stephen, how deep have you been involved in OpenORB?

Deep.  All of the OpenORB team have already done all of the paperwork to
bring things over to Apache.  I'll need to followup with Greg Stien on
where things are on the license side of things.

Stephen.

>They just can not do without a CORBA transport!
>
>-Anton

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org
http://www.osm.net