avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Converging our Concerns
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 22:35:20 GMT

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

><quote who="Berin Loritsch">
>

>>1) We do a quick beta release of Merlin.
>>1) We outfit Merlin to support Phoenix users and Fortress users.  I
>>2) We release Merlin as our one container for current users.  I.e.
>>I give my word not to try to control development, and we can start
>>having fun again and address all our community concerns listed above.
>>
>>Thoughts?  Am I off my rocker?
>>

>Best of Honors, I must say. Best news this year...
>
>Berin & Stephen, if you both could go out and have a beer, come to
>Malaysia on holiday together or some other bonding, perhaps the past
>"communication problems" could become a funny memory.

Sounds like a plan!

>Now, since I haven't 100% committed my products to Phoenix yet, should I
>reconsider at this point?
>
>I guess I have to dive into Merlin now...

Keep in mind that I've real busy getting 3.0 into shape.  The 3.0
content is basically all Leo's fault - refactioring of thingas to make
things cleaner and simpler.  I'm maybe 2 days away from finalizing that.
Impact on you should be nothing more than making things easier to work with.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org