avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [Merlin] Pre-release checklist
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 13:01:32 GMT
It seems that we have some support for the proposal I put forth yesterday.  To
that end, we need to come to some idea of what needs to be done.

We have three main steps, so we need some information gathering.

For step 1, quick beta release of Merlin

What loose ends need to be tied up before we can do this?

For step 2, which features need to be incorporated in Merlin?

* Embedding Fortress containers
* Configuration validation
* Support for Pheonix's Environment.xml (security policies, logging, etc.)
* Support for the @mx-* tags
* Daemon support (i.e. running as a Windows service or Unix daemon)
* Phoenix Client support (i.e. the BlockContext, et. al.)
* Support for Phoenix Assembly.xml files
* SAR support

Anything I am missing?
We may want to do multiple beta releases as we add new functionality so that
we can get feedback from users.

For step 3, what "exit" criteria do we need?

Can we create the exit criteria in the form of JUnit tests?

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin