avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Last ditch effort for one Java codebase
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 17:32:58 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> At this point I think it would be futile to start up a new effort and
>> port features to a container framework.
>

> can you summarise why? (in a different thread, perhaps)

It seems there isn't enough interest in a new effort.  Everytime it is
brought up the folks who want a multi-container in Avalon environment
keep shouting it down.  I don't think we have enough developers for all
the containers we have now.  Something has to give, so I am not going
to press my opinion on a fresh start.

>> Does this sound like a decent plan of action?
>

> I am not sure. It sounds like a reasonable compromise between all the
> other options we've talked about so far. Concern: I'm wondering whether
> this will generate the positive energy we need: working on new code is
> usually more fun (again, IMO) than working on existing code.

I agree, but it is the only thing I can think of if we are going to salvage
this community and get back to having fun.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin