avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject RE: Attributes Proof of Concept
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 06:27:14 GMT
<quote who="Leo Sutic">
> OK, I have added some code to scan ClassLoaders:
>
> URLClassLoader cl1 = new URLClassLoader (new URL[]{new File
> ("api/target/cl1/").toURL ()}, getClass().getClassLoader ());
>         URLClassLoader cl2 = new URLClassLoader (new URL[]{new File
> ("api/target/cl2/cl2.jar").toURL ()}, getClass().getClassLoader ());
>
>         ClassLoaderUtil clUtil = ClassLoaderUtil.getClassLoaderUtil ();
>
>         Collection cl1Classes = clUtil.getClasses (cl1);
>         Collection cl2Classes = clUtil.getClasses (cl2);
>
>         System.out.println (cl1Classes);
>         System.out.println (cl2Classes);
>
> Its in avalon-sandbox/attributes.

Sorry to butt in...

What happened to the XP voices in Avalon.
Value; SIMPLICITY

The simplest solution that can possibly work!

Since the whole Attribute world requires tools, such as an Ant task or a
standalone compiler, why not let that tool create the index file, and for
each URI in the classloader just get the "/index.attrs", which can be
fully populated with the whole sha-bang....

No need for recursive loading of classes (=very slow startups) and works
on non-JAR class repositories as well.

My 0.02 ringgit.
Niclas