avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Saxon 6 and 7 XPath Implementations
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 13:47:38 GMT
<quote who="Berin Loritsch">
> Just as long as its not GPL or derivative.  If it is LGPL, then as long
> as the library is not *required* then it is OK.  At least as far as the
> discussions on clarifying that issue have gone.
>
> I think we comply with that for Saxon, even if it is not (L)GPL.  We
> should probably take a good look at the MPL (if that is what Saxon uses)
> to see if there are any restrictions on distribution like the LGPL.
> Until then, we should probably avoid having Saxon in our CVS and ask
> others to download it.

Michael is a very pragmatic guy who love to have his code spreading around.

I asked him about if it was OK to port to J2ME and asked if he wanted any
submissions back, and replied very friendly "Go ahead, if you find any
ineffeciency please report, otherwise do whatever you like."

I think, he will be agreeable to more or less anything, as long as it
doesn't restrict anyone else.

Niclas