avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Vinay Chandran <vinay...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Avalon + Geronimo = Another (Last?) Chance
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:34:59 GMT
--- Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@s-und-n.de> wrote:
> Aaron Farr wrote:
> >  In all honesty, it would be a shame if the
> "Apache J2EE
> > implementation" does not end up building on or
> working with the "Apache
> > Server Framework."
> >
> Yes, I thought the same. I don't know if we should
> contact them now
> or if we should wait until the project really starts
> (cvs setup etc).
> I currently prefer the latter, it gives us also some
> time to think about it.

Yes, latter seems wise. Nonetheless we should see
how they plan to proceed with the effort too.
Would there be a total re-write or re-use of existing
opensource libraries. Either way Avalon has a say.
[Sevak(tomcat wrapper)  and other such components(I
guess we have a openjms wrapper too) are always there
in our backyard to help glue disparate
components under one ceiling]

Regards,
Vinay