avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: [merlin] Lifecycle Extension Support
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:08:10 GMT

<snip>classloader details</snip>

> Conclusion - in ther shaort term we could include the SPI classes in the
> root loader.  This would let us work on getting the advanced extension
> handlers in place quickly and easily.  We could then deal with
> delegation at a later stage with minimal disruption.

Steve,

Thanks for the detailed response.  If we can get a simple solution in now,
that would be wonderful.

> >Extensions I'm currently interested in include:  JNDI (via AltRMI
> perhaps?),
> >JMX, and JMS.  I had a JMS extension working for the older Merlin version
> >and I want to get it up to date for Merlin 3.0 before I release.
> >

> Can you give me a summary of what information you were accessing on the
> appliance.  I figure we can get an equivalent extention in place
> reasonably easily if the same information is available vie the
> DeploymentModel class.

The only thing I was getting from the Appliance was the Configuration.  I
was also using the StageDescriptor Attributes (optional).  I think the
DeploymentModel gives me just about everything I would need.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM
  (724) 696-7653