avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "hammett" <holive...@cimcorp.com.br>
Subject Re: [RT] JMX inspired JAR Repository
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:31:53 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch@apache.org>

> Where is this information kept?  Traditionally in the Manifest.  Each JAR
has
> its own manifest, which can be reused.  To that end, we need to be able to
load
> and parse the manifest file so that we can get all the attributes for the
JAR.
> While we are at it, we can also grab a list of the entries found in
> META-INF/services.  Both of these things can be done without altering the
known
> specs or inordinately affecting startup time.  If the library assembles
the list
> of services, then we don't have to have a particular file named
"services.list"
> that is part of the Fortress spec.  Also, if the manifest information is
made
> available generically we can support the Merlin way of doing things.
>
> How does this sound?

Sounds simple. But when you talk about dependencies, which dependency you're
talking about?

I could have a service named CodeGenerator that depends on ParserEngine
service to be able to run. In other hand I could have a ParserEngine that
uses Xerces to parse Xml files. Which level of dependency we are talking?

hammett